Effective Date: June 5 2017
Manheim Remarketing, Inc. (“Manheim,” “we” or “us”) respects the privacy of visitors to this website. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully so that you understand what information Manheim collects online and what it does with that information. This Privacy Statement only applies to our collection of information online through and other affiliated websites on which this Privacy Statement is posted (collectively, the “Service”). It does not apply to information you may provide to Manheim offline or through other means, for example, over the telephone, or at a live auction or event. Manheim is a business-to-business provider of auction and vehicle remarketing services to buyers and sellers of vehicles at wholesale and to their duly authorized agents and representatives. Our Service is not intended for consumers. By using the Service, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree, do not access the Service. Your consent to Manheim’s use and disclosure of information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement remains valid after the termination of our relationship with you. If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
The Information We Collect
The information Manheim collects online through the Service falls into two categories: (1) personally-identifying information voluntarily supplied by our users, and (2) tracking information automatically gathered as our users navigate through the pages of our website, perform searches, engage in transactions or otherwise use the Service. As explained below, we may combine information collected by either or both of these means with the information contained in your individual AuctionACCESS membership profile, as well as with other information that we or our affiliated companies collect about you and any dealership or other company that buys or sells vehicles at wholesale with which you are associated.
Information You Give Us
We collect personally-identifying information that you give us. The information you provide allows us to make our Service more useful to you by providing information tailored to your individual preferences and needs. The information you provide also helps us and our vendors to process transactions. The following are the general types of personally-identifying information that we may collect from you.
Surveys, Promotions and Customer Service. From time to time, we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes that request personally-identifying information, including the same types of information collected for purposes of registration. The information we collect may also include demographic information, information about your interests and preferences and your feedback as a valued customer.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Service, Manheim or third parties acting on our behalf automatically collect certain information about your computer system configuration and your online activity. For example, each time your visit this website, our servers automatically log information about your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before navigating to our site. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to your browser.
Web beacons are 1 pixel by 1 pixel image files that may be embedded in our web pages and in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. We also use web beacons to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may combine any information that we collect automatically through our Service with personally-identifying information that Manheim (or any Manheim affiliate) collects about you online or offline, including your user ID, registration information and any information that we obtain from AuctionACCESS or maintain in our CRM database. We use this information to improve our Service, to help us understand your preferences and needs as a wholesale vehicle buyer or seller, and to provide you with a better, more personalized experience.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information collected through our Service, including personally-identifying information:
- to operate and improve our Service and facilitate wholesale vehicle transactions;
- to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to contact you to request feedback about your experience with our Service or learn about your individual preferences and interests;
- to send you information related to our services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate with you about upcoming events and other news about products, features and services offered by Manheim, our affiliates (e.g., Manheim Frontline, OVE.com, Manheim Financial Services (MAFS), Total Resource Auctions) and selected third parties;
- to conduct market analysis, traffic flow analysis and related reporting;
- to customize or personalize your online experience, for example by pre-populating forms and displaying relevant content; and
- to customize or personalize advertising, including the advertising for our Service;
How We Share Information
Manheim reserves the right to disclose to third parties personally-identifying information and other information that we collect about you for a variety of reasons and purposes, such as providing you with information about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you and the dealerships or other companies that you represent. More specifically, we reserve the right to share information that we collect about you in the following circumstances:
- We may share any information we collect about you with our parent company, Cox Enterprises, Inc., and with any of its wholly or majority-owned subsidiaries, including Online Vehicle Exchange, L.L.C., the operator of OVE.com. We may also combine information that we collect about you with any information about you that is collected by our affiliated companies.
- Dealership Franchisors.If you are an employee or a representative of a franchised dealership, we may share any information that we collect about you with your dealership’s franchisor – either for our own business purposes, or for the franchisor to use for their own business and marketing purposes and subject to their separate privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
- Service Providers, Vendors and Consultants.We may share any information that we collect about you with any third-party vendors, consultants or service providers that we engage to perform services on our behalf and that need access to the information to carry out their work for us.
- Aggregate Information.We may combine information that we collect about you with information that we collect about other users of our Service or affiliated services in a form that does not identify you personally. We may use such aggregated information and disclose it to third parties as we see fit.
- Legal Obligations, Public Safety and Other Disclosures.We may occasionally release information about our visitors as authorized by law or when we deem such release to be appropriate to comply with law, respond to legal process or a valid law enforcement request, enforce our Visitor Agreement, or protect the rights, property, health or safety of users of our Service, our customers, the public, Manheim, our affiliates or any third party.
- Business Transfers.As our business grows, we may buy or transfer various assets. In the event that we transfer assets relating to the Service to another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets. We reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer personally-identifying information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Manheim or our affiliates.
- Marketing Purposes.We may disclose information, including personally-identifying information, such as your name, email and postal address, to our affiliates (e.g., Manheim Frontline, OVE.com, MAFS, Total Resource Auctions) so that they may market to you directly regarding upcoming events and other news about products, features and services offered by them that may be of interest to you and the dealerships or other companies that you represent.
- Access to Databases.In addition to all of the disclosures described above, we may also allow others to search some of our databases and to analyze the data they find there or aggregate it with other data, either for their business purposes, or ours.
Links and Features Offered in Conjunction with Other Providers
Information that we gather on our Service is stored within Manheim-controlled databases (or databases hosted on our behalf) on servers maintained in protected environments. We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personally-identifying information is protected against loss, theft and unauthorized access, including physical, organizational and technological safeguards. However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Retention and Storage of Personal Information
For the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, personally-identifying information may be transferred to, processed, stored and accessed by us or one of our affiliates or an unaffiliated service provider in the United States, Canada or other jurisdictions where we may have operations. Courts and other authorities in these jurisdictions may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your personally-identifying information. By using the Service, you consent to this transfer, processing, storage and access of your personally-identifying information in and/or outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
The Web is an evolving medium. If we decide to change this Privacy Statement at some point in the future, we’ll post the changes here and update the reference to the effective date to reflect the date of the amendment. By using our Service on or after the effective date of any such amendment, you agree that your use, and any dispute over privacy, is governed by this Privacy Statement, as amended.